<$BlogMetaData$

Thursday, February 23, 2006

I felt totally cheated.... The letter that was sent to me states that I will be an untrained teacher before going NIE. But I went to sign the letter of appointment today, I was told that I will be going to NIE direct on 19th June 06.... What Am I Going To Do MAN???? Going direct to NIE will mean that I will have to stay in NIE for a year and serve a 3-year bond!! that means 4 years!!! Am I really willing to spend my precious 4 years being a teacher, at the end of which I get dunno-wat? I dunno... I am really lost.. Any wise ppl out there care to enlighten me?

At today's briefing at MOE, I met a person, a school-mate you can say~ He is from my previous church and he really said things that I was grateful to hear... Its been really nice talking to him~
Thank GOD for the chance~ ^_^

I din really mug today... just went to photocopy some readings... I was totally feeling nausea this afternoon. Even got my mum to pick me up from school...

Later in the evening, I met Yongqi at Tiong Bahru Plaza to watch Munich... Below are some personal thoughts after watching the movie...

For those who dunno, its a movie revolving ppl fighting for freedom and taking revenge in a highly agressive manner. This movie made killing seems so easy... Seems like as long as you have enough money, you can kill anybody you want...
At the same time, it shows how ppl makes sacrifices in hope for a place where they can proudly and truly call HOME...

Personally, I think its a must watch movie for ppl who takes peace for granted. Ppl such as those living in Singapore. As many of us in the world lives in peaceful environment, few can understand how the word PEACE can be extremely difficult in certain areas.
Hundreds and Thousands of ppl out there are still living in fear every moment. There are countries in which ppl can just kill someone on the street, ppl get killed for reasons they dun even noe. But I guess its indeed difficult for us to imagine what it is like to live in places like these... To those ppl, peace is all about staying alive. But to ppl like us, peace is about refraining from unsignificant daily disputes. Through watching this movie, I realised how the word PEACE had be used indiscriminately. Perhaps its time to think of what this word really means.
This movie sets in 1970s. While watching this show, I truly understood the verse from Imagine:

"Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace" -- John Lennon

After almost 30 years, ppl are still fighting and struggling to survive. Methods are getting more and more extreme. More innocence are involved. More people abusing their powers ( wanna take revenge just say wanna take revenge lah!! still give so much crap reasons. So, even the man with the highest power in the world can be damn hum ji). The worst thing is, I can't believe ppl still allow such ppl to be the ruler of the world!

Once again, I really thank GOD that I live in a sunny island called Singapore. Although the govenment tends to be rather domineering, many things seems to be rather restricted, its has no resources to boast about, it doesn't have power on the international stage; I guess these are what keep us safe.

Pardon me for this dunno-wat-am-i-writing entry~ Just got lots of thoughts after watching the movie... Wasn't able to organise them properly.. So, maybe you wanna go watch the movie yourself so that you will understand :p

PS: Its M18~ quite abit of violence and a little nudity.
I shut my ears and eyes quite abit :ppp

悲傷比快樂持久,它在人的心理逗留更長時間,
並以一種特別的方式鼓舞人,
因爲它激發人去思考自己的存在。

-- Ang Lee described Brokeback Mountain as a sad and unforgettable movie.

But to me, I think this applies more to Munich....

1 Comments:

Blogger Noritaka said...

Think u better clarify the matter with the MOE b4 signing anythg.... 4 yrs is very tough... & if u have even the slightest doubt & holding back abt it,u'd actually better not do it.... Ask them abt contract teaching,c wat they say abt tt....

1:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home