<$BlogMetaData$

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Please Note That :Absolutely NOTHING to do with my problems nor my previous entries!!!!

In the midst of my 2 assignments:
i) attempting to convince myself that 孔子 has a great way of ruling a country, something even greater than democracy.
ii) figuring out the 意義 of Chinese operas in Singapore today
I sudden thought of something 2 of my lecturers always say...
The 1st lecturer is the person who gave me assignment one. He always says 不要去看白話翻譯,很多學者都在骗你。要自己去看原文,靠你自己人生經驗去理解,這樣才有意義。
The 2nd lecturer is the person who gave me assignment two. He always says 不要相信我說的話,我常常骗你的。也不要相信聯合早報,都是騙人的。要自己去觀察,做 fieldwork,你會發現很多時候現實並不是人家講的那樣。
2 different lecturers teaching different things.. the 1st one, teaching philosophy and the 2nd one teaching Chinese Opera. They probably have only one common trait -- they are both from Hong Kong.
They are my 2 favourite lecturers in the Chinese Department. Ironically, before I enter NUS, I really dislike philosophy because I believed it really isn't my cup of tea...
Similarly, 中國戲曲 is the genre of literature I dislike most!
Isn't it amazing how life can twist and turn along the way?
Anywhere, my main point is I managed to relate the things these 2 lecturers said into everyday life... What they said is basically we should make judgements only when we have experienced it 1st hand. Be it food, books, music or even humans. This is especially true when it comes to meeting people. I realised that there were times where I make judgements about even before I got to know the person further. Sometimes judgements were made only because people around you say so. For eg if your friend were to tell you " so n so hor.... very ~~~~ n ~~~ one leh... " And since you trust ur friend, you will just believe everything he/she said. Even before you have chance to interact with that person.
The bible also says "Do not judge or you shall be judged."
This is something I always want to learn and put into practise. But due to my extremely sensitive intuition, it had been one of my biggest sins.
I believe that my liking for these 2 teachers and their common 口頭禪 are not coincidental. There are reasons behind them.
ok~ I am going to continue with my date with 孔子liao~~

1 Comments:

Blogger NK said...

ur prof...surname rong? i like his lessons!!!!!

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home