<$BlogMetaData$

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Battling!

Today is officiallly my 1st day at Singapore Island Country Club being an executive secretary (I realised its not call assistant) aka office girl. I thought today will be very hazardous cos ling huey is not with me... But things turned out to be quite ok! haha.... Still got lots of things to do. But I am starting to get the hang of it and things are much easier now! :) But of course must thanks to ling huey for clearing up the mess b4 she left.... and I was really sorry to call her up and kept sms-ing her to clear my doubts...
Work was fine.. But the ppl there.... erm...... haha.. i shall elaborate...

There is this 40+ senior chef who is really very very talkative! I appreciate him teaching me stuff... but he is really too noisy! When I want to end a conversation he just goes on and on and on... If not for a phonecall or someone asking for him or me, I think I will spend the whole day there "yah loh yah loh" "hahaha" "hmm! hmm!" Dun need to do my work liao!!! Then the things he says oso very weird... He is a totally weird person!!! Do you know how he address ling huey (n now me) ? He call us "dear dear" OMG~!~!~! I was totally grossed out can!!!!???
I shall keep my distance away from him... Luckily he will be on long leave starting next week!! Whew~ Just have to bear with him for a few more days...

There is another 30+ senior chef who is not as weird, better looking but very PR (public relation). He say they will speak to me in a different tone they speak to ling huey... cos ling huey very 斯文. So I replied saying "so you mean I very 粗鲁 lah?" Den he went on to say that no~ it just that I am more wild~ I was like -_-
W~I~L~D!!!!! what a word to describe me!!!! He still say he believed I am those type that goes to the beach alot and do sports! (he is basically saying that I am tanned!!! another -_-) Den I told him I dun like to do sports one loh.... (kao! I am so fat leh~ Do sport??) Den he very li hai! He did not feel a least bit paiseh that he "believed" the wrong thing~ He still carry on asking oh issit? den wat u like to do? I was like DIAO~ he really knows how to create topics man~
He is not a bad person but definitely, base on my observation, he is a very superficial person... So just smile at him all the time can liao... watever he say can just 听了就算了。。。

Next! My boss! The Executive Chef! He is a very very vulgar person man!!! all kinds of language!! I heard him speaking on the phone scolding some supplier... wah. really very shocked!! The words he used very VERY 狠毒!!! And I managed to see him cook today! Its definitely not easy to see him cook! Cos he usually cook on special occasions. He cooked specially for SICC's General Manager!!! well.... his "po-ing" skills oso not bad wor~ haha... The GM though in the late 40s (i think n a Hong konger I believe) is quite good looking wor~ very charismatic~ But maybe cos he is too casually-dressed, dun look like a GM. He "praised" me today for a report ling huey did. But of course I told him that it was ling huey who did it lah~ Den he went on commenting that my boss is a very difficult person to work with. But so far so good~ Hope it will remain like this till the end of the month!

Ha~ Up nx!! Remember I mentioned in my previous blog that I am going to try and get a SICC member to fetch me in/out of the country club? I was on time for the shuttle this morning so no chance to find out... Until I missed the shuttle in the evening! So I stood by the road pretending that I was waiting for the shuttle and not any members' car! So cannot look as if I got nothing to do mah... So I kept playing wif my hp, msging ling huey etc... I thought that those members will see me den will offer to send me out! BUT~~~ 5 cars passed me without even slowing down!!! I was like "huh~ I so unlucky and so unpopular meh?"
When I told ling huey about it, she says in order for those members to offer you a lift, you must look at them very hopefully one!!! I was totally """"-_-""""" I think I will never get the chance to get lifts liao loh... Its really too paiseh for me to look at those members trying to tell them "pls pls pls give me a lift!" Unless I really in a very big rush!!! If not... hai~ There goes my hope of getting a lift from a young, shuai and rich guy~ :(

Today's job really kept me rather busy... And I thought its good if it keeps it this way! So that I wun have time to think too much~ Although I still think about it on and off, the frequency wasn't as high as previous days! Thank GOD for this job once again~
Today, I fought yet another battle! It was a very short one..... But its the toughest so far~ When I saw it, I was on the verge of throwing myself under my blankets and sob :'( But I reminded myself "hey! this is just another battle!! Dun lose it! Be tough and strong to face it!!!!" Ok~ So I did! I faced it and tried to take control over it... There were incidents I almost lost the control but I still managed it well! I am now at a point of trying to end this battle! I am starting to withdraw~ And I am withdrawing very hard-heartedly!!! I kept reminding myself I must not 心软 or have any feelings attached! Becos I know if I do, the one that's going to hurt the most will be myself and nobody else!!! Although I already feel the pain now, I just have to 咬紧牙关 and everything will be over soon!!! (kao~ sounds as if I am in labour~)
But anyway, I can see this battle ending~ When it ends, I no longer have reasons to be hurt or sad cos everybody else will be happy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home