<$BlogMetaData$

Saturday, June 04, 2005

My Jobs

Yo Ppl! Hows life yah? Did not have an entry yesterday cos I was home late... So shall only do it today... Nope, I am not giving my reviews for CD 3. As the title suggest, its about my jobS!!

Till date, I had already declined 3 job offers because of my trip to China. I am really quite sad about that. Cos No Job = No $$!!! And I need $$ desperately for my Taiwan trip at the end of the yr!!

But thank GOD, I still manage to get 2 part-time jobs. These 2 jobs are basically "free-lance". meaning, they are not fixed. Depending on the demand of the "market"...

1st of all, as most of you might know, I am working as a waitress. Average of 2 days per week. (by right is 3 days but I have to go for church) And the pay is $7 per hr. Its only at night. Although from this job, the $$ I get is quite little, but I thought its a very flexible job. It does not hinder my programs of meeting friends or my camp stuff. And of course, like what I posted some time ago, it really help train me up. Especially in terms of anger management and patience.

What many may not know is that my auntie actually works as a purchasing manager for the restaurant I work in. And it is also this reason, I enjoyed working there. Although I do not get to see my auntie at all during work, I felt being taken care off over there. And probably because of my auntie, the supervisor and hall managers there do not treat me like they would towards most others. I am not saying that I enjoy the "privileges", I still work as hard as the others, try not to make mistakes. But I can't help saying that luckily my auntie works there, if not I will get more 冤枉 scoldings like the others.

My the other job is a intepreter job. Its also free lance. When the company has got Japanese clients then they will call me up. Its $15 per hr + $10 transportation. I believe its a very low rate. But that's because I am still not confident in my Japanese... So dare not charge too high.

Both of these are jobs I enjoyed very much though they are very irregular~ However, I would be most happy to take up these jobs as part-time in the future, after I got a permanent job. Afterall to get a job you truly enjoyed and at the same time not having to worry about money not enough is not easy...

2 Comments:

Blogger JY said...

i would say is hard to find a job that you enjoyed and also meet ur needs at the same time.

A few of my friends jump into their dream jobs too fast and they regret and jumped out of it.

Who would not wish to find a job that is both enjoyable and brings in good money as well?? It is very hard unless you strike it out your own, but too many risks involve....

11:39 PM  
Blogger Andrea Ng said...

yup! i totally agree~ as a result, I am still very lost as in what I want to be after I graduate... Hope I will be able to find a satisfied answer before that.

Thanks for sharing! :p

7:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home