<$BlogMetaData$

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Ok!! I divide today's danceeeee event into 2 parts!! The performance part and the miscellaneous part..

Performance:
I must say, although there were only 21 teams who decided to take part in the end, it is really a very very tough competition!!! 5 teams will be eliminated in this round. Even so, its actually quite tough!! The standard of this year's competition is definitely much higher than last year's!!! I must say this... Generally, participants from Polytechnics did much much better~ they really totally respect this competition and give their all to this competition!! Unlike those from university.... Out of the 5 teams that pulled out last min, 4 were uni teams! 1 was a mixture of uni n poly... they say they felt that they weren't prepared enough, members cannot make it on days of competition etc...!
If you really think that this competition is of importance, all these problems won't even appear in the 1st place!!! If you already decided to take part, went through all the hassle of registration, you should give it your best shot! hai~ forget it... If not ppl will get offended again! Just hope that they will still support us in the years to come.. dun worry! I wun be there anymore :p ok! out of point liao.. back to the performances! teams from a poly that starts with N were SUPERB!!! ALL the teams were GREAT!!! So wat if we don't have that L**H? They think they are the only group that can dance issit? Go eat sh*t k!? Not only were their performances great, their attitude were fantastic as well~ very humble and very very good sportsmanship!!! Ppl from university, LEARN FROM THEM CAN??? Toby's team did a very memorable performance!!! They really did put up a great show as he promised me!!! OH!!! I almost forgot about the team from the other poly starting from N as well!!! That is one team that really almost made everybody's jaw dropped!! They did not have many fanciful or creative stuff.. Their dance is just SO VERY synchronized!!! And their music can really bring the audience along!! The lousiest team among the polys that went in really wasn't very good.. But think they manage to do it because they had colourful costumes and good use of props. Ok~ That's about all the polys... now the unis.... hai.... I really dunno what the hell the judges doing loh..... the team which everybody thought was the best among the university teams actually did not make it to semis!!!! Instead, the super boring-obviously-easily lousiest team got in... No wonder some contestants were so concerned about who are the judges for prelims... even questioned me the reason for the judges... Luckily these judges will not be seen again in the semis and finals... Really hope can find judges with higher credential in the future!! If not, how to maintain the prestige Funkamania tried to build up over these 12 yrs?? Hai~ University teams nothing much to say lah~ Just want to say that the girls from Eusoff Hall did quite well, although they kept stripping, their steps, synchronising etc were still there!!! The team from one Uni really very wasted.. They did a great job last year, but because the theme weren't specify properly, they din make it to the finals... This year, they just weren't good enough, too many irrelevant props. I think they did maintain their standards, but this year's teams were simply TOO TOO TOO strong!!! Apart from the uni and poly teams, there were some teams that consist a mixture of tertiary students. One team was made up of all Indians. At first I was still afraid that they will lose out since they are of a minority race... And since they were late, they were put as the last team... i/e: something like finale!! (very stressful one u noe!!) I super worried for them... I wanted them to get in leh!!! cos the person that liased with me was very nice! and they very simple-minded one!!! They just wanna dance and entertain ppl. I still remember how he wowed at the prizes! He's the only person that expressed his amazement! This really just shows something!!! Our prizes this year is really really attractive!! its like more than 3X better than last year's!!! But when we told the contestants, they din show expressions at all loh... I can see that those ppl from Ngee Ann Polys basically heck-care the prize one~ cos they feel that its not important! Wats important is the recognition Funka gives them!! THIS IS WHAT I MEAN BY RESPECT FOR THE COMPETITION!!!! Anyway.... The all-Indian team was great!!! they were humorous, passionate ... aiyah! to cut things short, they are GOOD!!! The other mixed team is a team from a particular dance school... I knew them since last year's competition... I think they are a groups of very ZAI dancers!! All female~ I enjoyed my times while taking care of them last year. Some of them were like 2 complete different persons on and off stage! I am just so impressed by that!!! I thought they deserve to be at least a third last year.. but because of some complex issue they did not... hai...... Hope they will do well this year!!! And their instructor is a very renowned dancer from Taiwan I have heard from more than a dozen ppl how great this guy is but have yet to witness it myself... sad... Miscellaneous: I totally enjoyed the performances!! screamt and shouted quite alot!! But that's about all the enjoyment... I like doing Public Relations, mingling around with the participants!! Its fun and satisfying!! Especially when the teams remember you after a year.... But one must admit that not everybody is cut up to it! Some ppl just simply dun feel comfortable toking to strangers, dunno how to fit in etc.. I am not saying that I did a perfect job.... A perfect job will be someone who is really able to keep in close contacts even after the competition~

1) I wanna say my PR girls did a great job!!! Wan Jun, Brenda and Stella! Teams actually asked me to say thank you to them! This is an evident that they had succeeded!! Hope they will continue to JIAYOU for semis and finals!! ^_^ Probably its easier for us cos we were the ones that did registration with them, called them, sms them all these while... Therefore things are much much easier compared to those "PR personnels" assigned to each team during the competition day itself...

2) I can understand perfectly why most "PR personnels" just leave their team alone. Do you think its easy to just join in a group of ppl who are already very close?? Its not just about giving them instructions like where to go, wat time to report or following them wherever they goes... Its about making effective communications!! In order for your instructions to be effective, you need something else more than just ordering them around! Kids may listen to you... But do you think ppl ard ur age will??? So does it mean that when 1 uneffective person handling 1 team surpasses 1 effective person handling 4 teams?? you tell me lah!!?

3) "PR personnels" are supposed to disseminate infos from the main comm as well... So issit easier to contact 16 "PR personnels" so that they can tell just their own team?? OR contact 4 "PR personnels" to inform teams that they themselves are already familiar with??

4) No matter what method one chooses, be it the right one or the wrong one, is not important!!! Like what adults have been saying when we were younger, what is important is learn from your mistakes!!! And not blame this person, blame that person, blame everybody except you yourself and the ppl in your "clique"! Find the root of the problem instead of adding on to it! And one thing, to be always present doesn't equivalate to always effective/competency What's the point of being there but not doing anything productive? Isn't is just wasting of time, resourses?

And while I am writing this entry, one of my PR girl called me! She gave me a super great idea/suggestion!! So wat if during preparation, she often missing in action?? This is what i mean by my 4th point!!!!! Ok! I am done with this entry!! I can only hope that things will turn out better during semi-finals!! And especially finals!! All these craps and all those wonderful experience with the teams really made me thought of giving up the concert in Malaysia loh...... I really really very worried man..... If not because its too late for me to sell the tics and because the hotel is already booked and because the bus tics is already bought, I would have stay for Finals... I know I am being a very irresponsible fellow of just making myself absence from my commitments... But again! remember my 4th point!!

I, Ng Peirong hereby declare that I am going to make sure that the semis will go on so well that even the finals will be very very smooth! Hai~ I am sorry that I cannot put wat I declare into action..... I just wanna say this....... Nx time dun ask me to go meeting since objections and disagreement is not allowed.... And yes!!! Thanks Yixuan!!" dun join all these shit if we're not even given a fair chance to present our ideas lor" I can't agree this sentence of urs any less!!! *muack

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home