<$BlogMetaData$

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Great Day

Had a very interesting lecture early in the morning! Its a mod called "History of Chinese Philosophy" I decided to take this very very last min...... Cos I realised the other module I wanted to take is on a topic I nv even heard off! And oso... I realised this module is taught by Dr Lo Yuet Keung! A lecturer I came to like quite alot! Very deep and interesting lecturer.. Unlike most other boring lecturers ard.....

He talked about the time before Confucius, in case you dunno... Confucius is the most well-known and respected philosopher in the whole Chinese history.... I personally dun quite like him ah~ Cos I felt that China is currently in such a pathetic state is because of him and his theory... :p

Yup! So back to the lecture, he went on saying how the society were like before Confucius, what kind of society it was.... And he gave 2 quotes: Philosopy begins in Wonder & Philosophy is the private judgement of common reasons. Basically philosophy began because ppl are to free... Really!! That's wat Dr Lo said!!

Den he went on saying all those details lah~ Another thing he said that made me admire him even more!! He said that The Holy Bible, is a must read book of all times! Just like Confucius's Analect. He said that: 这本书几千年前就有人在看, 几千年后还是有人在看. 这本书影响了多少人, 影响了多少文化与社会啊? 你能够不看吗?
After he said this I was like "WHOA!!!" almost gave him a standing ovation loh~~
Den he add on : 如果有一天, 你要站出来讲话, 你不看论语, 不看圣经, 行吗? 只有在看过这些书之后, 你才知道怎么做一个人!
This is like another sentence that made me "WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!!"

Isn't he impactful!?!?! Kao~ I am going to be present in EVERY of his lecture loh~ no matter wat!!! Damn Zai!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger NK said...

So he is's now full fledged lecturer... time flies... I'm old >"< Actually what he said eh, if you take philo 1102 will also hear/read...

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home